I Hope You’re Ready to be a Screamer

And not in the good way.

I was never the sort of child to throw tantrums. The most screaming I did was when I had colic as a baby (and maybe a few teenage tantrums) but I have to say that I’m about to start screaming.

In the car this morning, my dad was talking to me about our gaffe prone Vice President, Joe “biker chicks sit on my lap” Biden, and his “conversation” with the NRA and other pro-2nd amendment organizations. The NRA’s statement afterward read, in part:

We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment. While claiming that no policy proposals would be “prejudged,” this Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners – honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans. It is unfortunate that this Administration continues to insist on pushing failed solutions to our nation’s most pressing problems. We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen. Instead, we will now take our commitment and meaningful contributions to members of congress of both parties who are interested in having an honest conversation about what works – and what does not.

– NRA (via The Weekly Standard)

As many people have said on twitter in the past few weeks, what part of “shall not be infringed” do these idiots in office not understand?

Let’s just stop pretending. “Gun control” is just a politically correct term for “anti-second amendment” and this administration doesn’t want to “compromise” on gun control.

And I don’t want to compromise my second amendment rights.

It seems we are at an impasse.

While Obama is busy demonizing gun ownership, he is also busy signing bills that will give him and his wife, armed guards for the rest of their life. 

Liberal hypocrisy is amazing!

I will accept that 95% of liberals have good intentions, despite having no coherent idea of how to reach those goals. Besides, as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. The other 5%, I’m convinced, care not one bit for bettering anyone’s life, they only care about power and they shape the narrative for the other 95%, telling them that they only want the best for everyone and then handing them the talking points about what will make society better.

They think they know how the best way for me to live my life. Don’t buy sodas over 16oz., get rid of trans fats, ban “assault weapons” (which Dana Loesch, as I’m writing this, has rightly called out as a completely ridiculous term), smoke a little weed (it won’t hurt you), but don’t smoke a cigarette, free birth control, and abortions, but don’t you dare defend your 2nd amendment rights, or they will call you a psycho gun nut who bitterly clings to your guns and religion.

As Reagan said “Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.”

They have good intentions, but their ideas don’t work, they don’t help people.

We need to let liberals know that we don’t buy their ideas and that we know they don’t work.

This isn’t just about my ability to buy a gun or guzzle a 44 oz. soda or douse my arteries with trans fats.

This is about freedom. With every little law they put in place for the “public good” we lose a little more of our freedom.

Personally I’m done being nice and taking the moral high ground in the fight for my freedom, like Mark Levin, I’m at the end of my rope. “I can barely contain my fury” is the phrase Mark uses and it encompasses my mood about our current political climate completely.

Ben Shapiro was channeling Andrew Breitbart the other night on Hannity, “We can’t be civil with them. We can’t. We’ve reached the end of bipartisanship. We’ve reached the end of civility. It’s like the Geneva Conventions. These people are out of uniform. Once they exit the realm of civility they are now fair game. And it’s enough playing fair with them. It’s enough having the moral high ground. If we have the moral high ground it means that we lose. We need to start fighting back and fighting back hard.

We need to start screaming. It will certainly get us attention. I am done being nice and sweet, it’s time to start biting and scratching and screaming out my (dis)pleasure.

Are you with me?

 

 

//

Advertisements

Tagged as: , , , , , , ,

Categorised in: America, Constitution, Media, Politics

2 Responses »

Trackbacks

  1. New Article at DS&P Magazine: I Hope You’re Ready to be a Screamer « The Snark Who Hunts Back
  2. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: The Double Standard of the Main Stream Media | DS&P Magazine – The smart, sexy magazine for conservative politics.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Copyright © 2015 Elementary Politics and Authors. All Rights Reserved.

Follow me on Twitter

%d bloggers like this: